Made with semi sweet chocolate chips and cocoa powder. These cookies take only 20 minutes to make start to finish!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1tsp of baking soda
- 1cup of white sugar
- 1cup of brown sugar
- 1tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven: To 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter: In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the vanilla and egg and mix to combine.
Combine dry ingredients: In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Make batter: Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer on the lowest speed in two increments. Mix until combined. Try not to over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake: evenly Portion out cookies into rounded tablespoons and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges of the cookie are firm. They will still look soft don’t worry they will continue to cook as they cool.
- Cool: Allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve: These cookies are best served warm with a tall glass of milk!
- Baked Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days or can be frozen for up to 3-4 months.
- Cookie Dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can freeze cookie dough by rolling out cookie dough balls then placing them on a cookie sheet. Place in the freezer until frozen then transfer to a zip lock bag and store for up to 4 months! When you are ready to eat the cookies thaw them in the refrigerator or let them sit at room temperature when the oven is preheating.