Hearty and filling, this lentil soup is pure comfort in a bowl! Watch how to make a simple, 5-star classic lentil soup.
- 4 tbs vegetable oil 2 tbs olive oil (garnish)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1½ cups finely chopped carrot
- ½ cups finely chopped celery
- ½ cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ tsp freshly ground coriander
- ½ tsp freshly ground toasted cumin
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- 3 cups cook lentils
- 2 cups puree tomato
- 2 cloves garlic
Place the olive oil into a large pot and set over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic until the onions are translucent( approximately 6-7 minutes).
Add the spices, salt, and pepper then mix it for 2 minutes.
Add chicken stock to boil.
After 5 minutes add tomato puree, increase the heat to high.
Cover and cook, simmer until the vegetables are tender (approximately 20 minutes).
Add fresh chopped tomato and cooked lentils. Simmer for 5 minutes.
To serve use fresh parsley and olive oil.