Jewelled Layered Salad
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 8 cups tightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup Kraft Parmesan, Romano & Asiago Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pure Kraft Refrigerated Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- 1 red onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds
Toss apples with lemon juice; drain. Place in 4-L glass bowl. Add cranberries; mix lightly.Cover with layers of spinach, cheese, dressing and onions.Refrigerate 4 hours. Add nuts just before serving; mix lightly.
FOOD FACTS Tossing the chopped apples with the lemon juice helps to prevent them from turning brown. SHORTCUT Serve salad immediately after assembling it. No need to refrigerate first.
- Tags: Salad
- Chef Maryam Ghargharechi