Enjoy this Mediterranean Chopped Salad, creamy beans, feta cheese, crispy pita ... it all makes for one great salad.
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes, seeded
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup red beans
- 2 tbsp green olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, cut squares
- 1/2 pita bread, cut squares, toasted
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives, for garnish
- salt, and pepper TT
In a bowl whisk balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper until smooth then slowly add the canola oil and whisk until emulsified.
Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, beans, chickpeas, olives, lettuce, and feta cheese together in the bowl. Garnish with the crispy pita bread chips and fresh chives.