The iconic Dutch oven has been dubbed as the workhorse of the kitchen due to its ability to take on a great amount of cooking tasks. Whether you are looking for cookware that can sit comfortably on the stovetop or just want something you can use in the oven, the Dutch oven will make an excellent addition to your kitchen arsenal.
The pots’ tightly fitting lid makes them ideal for braising, soups, and stews since you do not lose liquid to evaporation. Their heavy and robust build makes them an indestructible piece that will stand the test of time. Dutch ovens have been the go-to option for most cooks for the following reasons:
- They are highly versatile: One of the advantages of Dutch ovens is that they can be adapted for different uses. They are so great for many applications that you can use them to cook on the stovetop, cook over a fire, roast/braise in the oven, or even cook on a grill. Put them in the wildest of fires, and they’d still scale through unscathed.
- Dutch ovens offer great convenience: Versatility should not mean boring. Dutch ovens make sure of this by allowing you to make savory roasts, stews, etc., as they offer an upturned lid that makes them easy to use. As a result, Dutch ovens allow you to cook without stress. More so, they offer big handles that help deliver an excellent grip.
- The Dutch oven is a great heat conductor: If you want kitchenware for its ability to conduct heat, then the Dutch oven is the best cookware you can own. Besides its capacity to hold heat, a Dutch oven can cope with high temperatures without deterioration, depending on the material it is made of.
- Durability: Dutch ovens are built to last, no matter the use they are put to. They are designed with a solid structure that will serve you well for many years without showing age. For instance, the heavier cast-iron Dutch heaven can withstand the open fire without showing any weakness. If you are not an outdoor cook, dozens of Dutch oven can help you get the same benefit indoor. Those that are used indoor do not have feet, which makes placing them on stoves very easy to do.
- Dutch ovens are easy to clean: The tough tasks that Dutch ovens are put to means that they are prone to staining. You can easily deep-clean the piece and keep it as clean as you want it.
- Portability: For every camp stove, the Dutch oven is a capable pot. Dutch ovens are portable enough to be carried around for your cooking convenience.