Lasagna is one of the most versatile dishes out there; whether you change up the technique or the flavor, the possibilities are infinite so you’ll never grow tired of this classic Italian dish.
- 9uncooked lasagna noodles
- 500 gr ground beef (15-oz.)
- pizza sauce
- 4 diced tomatoes seasoned with salt and peppers (green and red pepper) and 1 onion, 3 garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- tomato paste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4.5-oz.)
- sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/4-oz.sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil for garnish
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. For sauce, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, onion, garlic, and seasonings.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles and a third of the sauce, then pepperoni. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top with three noodles and a third of the sauce. Top with mushrooms, red pepper, green onions, and beef. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese. Sprinkle with olives.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until noodles are tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes.